Paint your nails like a manicurist with these hacks:
- Use ice water to dry nail polish faster.
Simply submerge the tips of your fingers in a bowl of ice water for three minutes and you’re ready to go.
- Set polish and prevent smudges with PAM
Spray the cooking spray on after painting your nails.
- Avoid chipping the tips of your nails
Apply a layer of base coat along the tips of your nails, let dry, and then apply another base coat along the entire nail.
- Apply multiple thin coats
Rather than applying thick layers of polish, use thinner layers. This will prevent chipping and smudging.
- Apply petroleum jelly around your nails to make cleaning up mistakes a breeze.
Use a Q-Tip and swipe along the edges before you paint.
- Use Scotch Tape to create geometrical designs.
- …or leave it there to create a pattern
This tutorial for the Gingham accent nail by The Beauty Department is adorable
- Use a toothpick to create a perfect heart decal
See the full instructions at The Beauty Department
- Use a bobby pin to create a polka dot design
Just dip the end in polish and dot onto nails.
- Use a white base coat to make colors pop
Use a clear basecoat first and then paint a layer of white before applying color.
- Use a tiny brush dipped in nail polish remover to clean up edges
- Whiten nails with peroxide and baking soda
Mix 1 tablespoon of hydrogen peroxide with 2 ½ tablespoons of baking soda and apply.
- Give yourself a French mani with a rubber band
- Create your own matte nail polish
- Use Elmer’s Glue to prevent mess-ups
Check out Ani Michele’s line of nail lacquers to use with these tips!