Wondering what nail trends to try out this year? The runways at exclusive fashion shows in London, Paris, and New York were showcasing powerful and beautiful nail trends for 2016. Many of the most
interesting looks seem to be a nod to the 80’s, which we love. We’ve highlighted the best of the best for you below.
- Navy Blues: The runways were showcasing navy blue with sparkly or metallic qualities on short manicures, making it extremely wearable and beautiful. Try For The Love of Blue to recreate the look at home.
- Bold Metallics: Get ready for your nails to shine like crazy in 2016 — metallics are back and they’re coming in every color. Pick a metallic in your favorite shade and go wild.
- Deep Greens: Don’t be afraid to wear this trendy shade past the cold winter months — a deep, rich green looks great all year round. Try Family Reunion for perfect on trend green nails.
- Minimalist Patterns: Playing with negative space in your manicure is a cool way to wear unique designs without getting too dramatic. To keep this look fresh, use a classic shell pink like Go to Pink for the base color and then create a simple pattern with a basic white nail pen.
- French Manicures: Not your average French manicures – this season, expect to see manicures with bold colored tips or unusual shapes at the tip, creating a fresh new spin on the timeless classic.
- Textures: The runways also showcased unusual textures such as bubbles or flower petals in the same hue as the manicures, adding interesting dimension to the nails.
- The Naked Manicure: While some designers went over the top with their manicures, several showcased clean, short, rounded nails, painted in a chic and neutral nude shade, such as Crème de la Crème and Wedding Planner.
From what we’ve seen so far, 2016 is sure to be a bright and interesting year for nail color and nail art. Be sure to check back often for Ani Michele’s latest nail colors and blog posts!