The Ani Michele team understands the importance of achieving beautiful nails, naturally. We’ve collected the very best tips and tricks to get your nails healthy and strong from the inside out:
- Use moisturizer: Regular hand-washing or use of hand sanitizer can dry out the skin and nail bed quickly, so try to moisturize after every wash, if possible. Coconut oil is excellent for rubbing into your nails and cuticles.
- Care for your cuticles: Avoid having your cuticles trimmed during a manicure. Cuticles are meant to be a barrier for bacteria, and cutting them can lead to painful infections. You can moisten and push them back with a cuticle pusher, and trim away only dead pieces of
- Eat well: Diet is very important to maintaining healthy nails. Protein is crucial, as are Omega-3 fatty acids. Eating foods with Vitamin B reduces brittleness; Zinc gets rid of white spots; Iron prevents ridges from forming; Calcium keeps them strong; Vitamins A and C prevent dullness and drying; and taking a Biotin supplement encourages healthy growth and strength. Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated.
- Clean your nails with baking soda: The best way to clean them is to dip a wet toothbrush into baking soda and scrub under each You can also add a few drops of lemon juice or peroxide if you need the extra whitening power.
- Wear gloves: Household chemicals can weaken and stain your nails with consistent Protect your nails when washing dishes and cleaning up around the house by wearing gloves. Believe it or not, the weather can wreak havoc on your fingernails as well – make sure you wear gloves when going outside in the winter!
- File your nails the right way: Rough nail files do more harm than good to your nails, and should be replaced with very fine emery or even glass nail files. Nails should only be filed in one direction, as sawing back and forth weakens the nail.
- Avoid using harsh polish: Nail polish typically contains very toxic chemicals that can weaken your nails. Fortunately, Ani Michele lacquers are 5 Free of Chemicals, meaning that your nails will not only be beautiful – they will remain healthy as well!
You don’t have to visit the salon on a regular basis in order to have beautiful nails. The combination of a well-balanced diet, a thoughtful beauty regimen, and good personal hygiene can give you salon-worthy nails at a fraction of the cost and chemical burden.