There is nothing quite like a fresh manicure to make you feel rejuvenated and beautiful. Whether you spent quality time at your local nail salon or did some self-pampering with your favorite shade of Ani Michele nail polish in the comfort of your own home, you may be wondering how to make your manicure last longer than a few days. We’ve gathered five of the industry’s top secrets for keeping your nails looking fresh and fabulous:
- Wear gloves: Washing the dishes? Make sure you are protecting your nails with rubber dishwashing gloves. Going out in the cold? Don’t forget your gloves! Guard your manicure against harsh detergents and extreme temperatures by shielding them with an extra layer of protection.
- Top it again: Reapplying your topcoat after a few days will help give your manicure new life. Apply a thin, even coat that extends over your tips to restore shine and prevent chips.
- Sanitize smartly: Put away that hand sanitizer – it’s ruining your manicure! The alcohol in hand sanitizers eat away at your top coat and cause your color to fade. Instead, wash your hands with a mild antibacterial soap to ward away germs and keep your nails looking fresh.
- Maintain your cuticles: Dry hands are one thing, but dry cuticles to boot is just not pretty. Keep your nail beds looking healthy, and keep your whole manicure alive for that much longer. A cuticle oil is the perfect way to achieve this because nutrients like Aloe and Vitamin E help resist breakage and promote nourished nails.
- Keep Your Nails Healthy: Take vitamins and supplements like Biotin, Zinc and Iron to maintain healthy nails. The better they are in between manicures, the better they will stay.
It’s just that simple! By following these five easy steps you will be able to maintain your manicure until you get the urge to start over with a new color. Your fingernails are a wonderful way to express your personal style – be sure to check out all of Ani Michele’s on trend colors and check back often for the latest additions.